Coach Lists:Cavern Coach List for website
Evening running order: evening-running-order
VISIT TO ‘THE CAVERN’ LIVERPOOL – MONDAY 13th March 2017
I am writing to you all to inform you of the arrangements for this visit. Please read the instructions below carefully. This is going to be an extremely busy day and if everyone is aware of what is going on we can hopefully ensure there will be no misunderstandings allowing everyone to have an enjoyable time.
Departing – Landrover Social Club, Billsmore Green,Solihull, West Midlands,B92 9LN Coaches leave at 7.30am prompt – we cannot wait for latecomers.
- When you arrive at the Social club, please park towards the back of the car park. Cars will be left at your own risk. We do ask if at all possible to try and avoid using your car, and get dropped off and picked up, as the car park is used during the day.
- For ease all the parents and pupils should have been told what coaches (this information will also be published on the SMS Website) they are on (1 or 2) and will need to make their way to that coach, putting instruments underneath. Please remember which coach you are on as this will be the coach you will depart on.
- Wristband tickets will be given out to all performers on arrival at the Cavern
- If you are making your own way to the Cavern, when you arrive please see a designated member of staff for your performer’s wristband (or me!!)
On arrival at the Cavern Club – approximately 10.30am
- Pupils/Parents/supporters will need to collect instruments (carefully – it is busy!) and make their way to the Cavern Club. You will be met by members of staff and you will be taken into the ‘Live Lounge’
- In the briefing in the Live lounge, Mr Jones will welcome you, introduce staff and run-through the format of the day, answering any questions you may have. There will also be briefing for the schools and performers that are taking part in the afternoon concert.
- Pupils will then leave all instruments in the band room, and have free time. Unless you have been selected to do a soundcheck.
- Any pupils who are unaccompanied will need a note off their parents/Carer if they are to be allowed to leave the Cavern. No pupil will be allowed on their own offsite (min groups of 5) unless with a parent (parental consent) or with a member of staff.
- If you do leave the cavern (even with parents) can you please sign out and when you return sign back in. This is particularly important as mobile phones tend not to have any signal when you are in the club. The Cavern Phone number is 0151 236 9091
Afternoon Concert 12.00pm -3.10pm
- As well as the early evening concert, we have invited 13 Solihull schools to join us for the day. They will be performing 10 min slots (throughout the above time) you are welcome to stay and support them during the day, or pop back during the time. (IT’S FREE!)
I have also attached a street map at the bottom of this page
Evening Concert 4.30pm – 6.45ish pm
- All performers need to be back in the ‘live lounge’ by 3.45pm to prepare for the 4.30pm concert.
Doors will open for the audience at 4.00pm
- At 4.30pm the concert starts
- The concert will finish at around 6.45pm
Departing – Back to Land Rover Social Club
- After the concert, pupils/parents/supporters need to collect all equipment and return to the same coach.
- If you travelled on the Coach, but are returning by car, you must inform SMS Mr Jones so you can be checked off the list. Otherwise we will assume you are missing, and this will delay the departure of all coaches
- Please be patient when departing as we have to wait on a busy road with equipment. I will be asking the coach company for coach 2 to arrive first followed by a 5min gap and then coach 1 to try and avoid confusion and crowding. I will confirm the final detail on the day of the concert.
Assistant Head Of Service