As you may or not be aware, Solihull Music Service for many years has been fortunate to have had support from SYMSA – the equivalent of a school Parent Teacher Association (PTA). SYMSA (which is a registered charity) raises funds for the Music Service and supports your children by helping with a range of activities and in a variety of ways.
WE NOW NEED YOUR HELP.
We are looking for more volunteers – for any role – either just one week a term, volunteering to help with one concert, volunteering weekly, offering your financial or media skills…..
There are two strands to SYMSA that need support:
- The strategic arm, which works with the Music Service to identify projects to support all pupils in Solihull. and then bid for funds to enable these projects to take place, so anyone with fundraising skills or connections to companies that would be interested in support such events WE NEED YOU!
We are also looking for someone with financial knowledge because our existing treasurer is moving away. This role is not arduous, and involves ‘looking over the books’ once a year and sending the financial report to the Charity Commission.
- 2. The practical arm. This includes things like
- the running of the tuck shop
- purchasing tuck every couple of weeks
- helping rattle the donation buckets at concerts.
- Preparing a termly newsletter
We are very fortunate that we have a good team of parents who are doing some of these roles, however we need a larger team to spread the work load and for named helpers to go and purchase the tuck and to be in charge of the float and bank the money every couple of weeks. If you feel you can help with running the tuck shop on a certain nights between 4.30pm and 5.15pm or 6.30pm – 7.15pm or any of the above…… WE NEED YOU!
If you are able to support SYMSA move forward in these testing times please could you email email@example.com and let us know how you could help? – even if it will just be a once a term!!